S1-S7 (5-12 years old; Monday – Friday 4-6pm)
- Reading, writing, and speaking in Fusha.
- Learning the vocabulary that makes up 50% of the words in the Holy Quran.
- Islamic expressions and year-to-year building on the following subjects until pre-GCSE Arabic level: About Me, My Family, My Job, At Home, My Hobbies, What Does He Look Like?, My Town, At School, Transport, Clothes and Food.
- Recitation with the proper Makharij.
- Tajweed rules and applying them.
- Memorization of minimum Juzz Amma, Juz 29, Juz 28 + Surahs Yasin, Sajda and Rahman.
Islamic Studies: Complete S1-7 of the FLA Islamic Studies Curriculum with year-to-year building on the following subjects:
- Who Am I?
- 99 Names of Allah.
- Pillars of Iman.
- Pillars of Islam.
- Everyday Duas and Adhkar.
- Prophet Stories.
- Islamic Akhlaq and Adab.
- Islamic History.
- Modesty and other Fiqh issues.
- Islam and Contemporary Issues.
Life Skills: Complete S1-7 of the FLA Life Skills Curriculum, which is specially designed to help our pupils apply Islam in their everyday lives and is divided into 4 main topics:
- 1) Health and Wellbeing (healthy eating, anti-bullying, self-defence, healthy cooking.)
- 2) Charity (learning all about charity in Islam and participating in many charitable projects.)
- 3) Earth Friendly Life (consumption, energy efficiency, up-cycling, growing organic.)
- 4) Confidence (swimming, cycling up to Level 3.)
The main aims of S1-S7 is to provide our students with:
- fluency in reciting the Quran (with proper Makharij and Tajweed),
- familiarity with as much of the Quran as they can memorise,
- a good understanding of what they are reading while reciting the Quran in Arabic,
- a good enough level of Arabic to join GCSE Arabic class,
- a very solid base of Islamic knowledge to function as good Muslims all through their lives,
And, as always, to ensure they are becoming a knowledgeable and responsible future leader and an asset to the society they are living in.